- About this Procedure
1.1 This procedure explains the process of dealing with a complaint from a motorist, a client or one of our employees.
- British Standards Considerations
2.1 Under British Standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015 the company has a legal duty to carry out customer satisfaction surveys and as such dealing with their complaints is part of this requirement.
2.2 The Company is committed to providing high-quality services to all our clients so when something goes wrong, we need the customer to inform us. This will help us to improve our standards.
3.1 A complaint is received verbally then it must be logged with all the relevant information and a request for the complaint to be sent in writing either an email or a letter for our records.
3.2 The complaint is received in writing it is then passed to the Complaints Manager who will record all the details on the complaints form (SF OPS 017 – 3) and log it on the register (SF OPS 016 – 2).
3.3 The complaint will then be assigned to the responsible/correct person to investigate and deal with the complaint.
3.4 Acknowledge receipt of the complaint to the complainant and confirm a date for when the complaint will be resolved.
3.5 Investigate issues raised, identify the causes and confirm the next steps.
3.6 Resolve the complaint and send the complainant a response with our resolution.
3.7 Close complaint – complete complaints form with the outcome, date and sign off.
3.8 Log closure on our Complaints register
3.9 Note any preventative measures that have been implemented or are proposed to be implemented to avoid further complaints.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- The responsibility for ensuring that all complaints are dealt with fairly and in a timely manner and the complainant is kept up to date with its progress is assigned to the Complaints Manager.
- All staff have a responsibility to report any complaints received immediately to the office.
- This procedure shall be monitored by the Managing Director or nominated person to ensure compliance with current British Standards.
6.1 The Company will provide the necessary training to staff that deal with complaints both verbal and written. It is the Company’s responsibility that all complaints are dealt with in a fair and timely manner and that the complainant is kept up to date
- This procedure shall be reviewed as and when legislation of the Company’s requirements changes. It will also be reviewed as part of the Company’s Internal Audit Review Process.
- Related Procedures, Policies and Information Sources
- BS EN ISO 9001:2015
- British Parking Association Code of Practice – January 2020